If your name is misspelled on your 10thclass marks then you can correct it within 1 year from the date of declaration of results. For that write a request letter to your school principal/headmaster about the issue.
Then the school principal will issue a reference/consent letter addressed to the board of education & provide you with the other required document copies to correct your name.
Now collect them and submit them to your education board, some times you need to write a separate request letter to the board as well for name correction.
10th Marksheet Name correction application to the school
Class & Section,
Sub: Application for name correction on 10th marks sheet.
This letter is regarding my name correction on my 10th marks sheet (Registration No: XXXXXXX). My actual name is [correct name] but on my marks sheet, it was misspelled as [wrong name].
Therefore I am requesting you to kindly correct my name on my 10th mark sheet.
Kindly find my mark sheet, date of birth certificate, and Aadhar card copies enclosed with the letter for your verification.
I shall be grateful to you in this regard.
10th Marksheet Name correction application to the CBSE / State Boards
The CBSE Board,
Sub: Request for name correction in 10th mark sheet.
With due respect, I am [your name], Reg. no. [XXXXXXX] writing this letter to apply for name correction on my 10th mark sheet. My correct name is [correct name] but it is misspelled as [wrong name] on my 10th mark sheet.
Kindly find the enclosed reference letter issued by my school and other supporting documents like my mark sheet, date of birth certificate, and Aadhar card copies.
Here I request you to kindly correct my name to [correct name] so that I can join in my further studies.
Application for Name Correction in 10th Marksheet by Parent
Sub: Name correction application in 10th mark sheet
My name is [parent name], my son/daughter named [student name], of roll no [XXXXXXX] passed out 10th class from your school recently. But his/her name is misspelled in the mark sheet.
His/her correct name is [corrrect name] but in the 10th mark sheet, it is misspelled as [wrong name]. It may cause problems in his/her future studies.
Therefore I here request you to please correct his/her name to [correct name] and kindly let me know for any further information.
(Please find enclosed the mark sheet, date of birth certificate & Aadhar card copies of my son/daughter for your kind verification.
How to Correct Name in 10th Marksheet
- Visit your school and write a request letter to the school headmaster/principal
- Collect the name correction reference letter issued by the school to the education board.
- Download/get name correction applications from your respective educational board.
- Fill out the application form.
- Now submit the reference letter, filled application form, and other supporting documetnsl like copies of marks sheet, date of birth certificte, and Aadhar card copies.
After submitting all the required documents with a fee of 1000 Rs (fee varies for each board), your name will be corrected within 7-10 days, and you can collect a new mark sheet from the board.
Required Documents for Name Correction
(All the below copies should be attested by the head of the school with their stamp)
- Copy of the admission form filled by the parents at the time of admission.
- Copy of previous school certificate if any.
- That particular student’s admission and withdrawal register page copy.
- Consent or reference letter by the school.
- Date of birth certificate copy.
- Mark sheet copy.
- Aadhar card copy.
How do I correct my father’s name in the 10th mark sheet?
The process is the same for name correction of the self (or) father. You need to write a request letter and submit the supporting documents of your father & you as well to the board.
Is an affidavit mandatory for name correction?
If you are applying for name correction after 1 year from the date of results, then the boards may ask you for the affidavit.
- Application for transfer certificate after 10th class.
- Application for cancellation of admission and refund of fee.