The individuals in India who don’t have any valid address proof and applies for Aadhar card or address change in Aadhar card or for any government documents need to submit the below certificate of identity having photo issued by gazetted officer or Tehsildar on letterhead, it will be useful for both proof of identity (POI) and proof of address (POA).
To Whomsoever It May Concern
Paste Photograph here
This is to certify that Sri./Smt./Kum ___________ Son/Daughter/W/o ___________ residing at the following address of house no ____ of village or town ______ of ________mandal of ________district of the state of ________.
This certificate is issued only for the purpose of the Aadhar card.
(Signature with seal)
What is the certificate of Identity
Certificate of identity is a documentary proof issued by the state government or central government, which resembles the identity of a person. There are several documents which act as a proof of identity for example Aadhar card, passport, PAN card, voter ID, driving license, Ration card, etc.
When the individual doesn’t have any valid identity proof then their identity must be approved by their Tehsildar or any gazetted officer on their letterhead.
How to get a Certificate of Identity
- To get the certificate of identity, visit your MRO office or meet any gazetted officer.
- Use the above format and take the print out on the letterhead of the Tehsildar or gazetted officer.
- Paste your photograph on the bond paper.
- Now fill the details or ask the gazetted officer to fill them
- Finally, take the signature of the gazetted officer or Tehsildar.
- Upload the scanned copy of PDF format of the signed document for Aadhar card in UIDAI portal.