Life is full of uncertainties, no one knows what happens next. Most of the time the emergency reasons are due to self or family members. If you are an employee and absent to the work due to an emergency reason then you can ask for an excuse from your boss.
Below excuse letters will help you to ask for an apology for being absent from the work.
Sample Excuse Letter for Being Absent from Work Due to Family Emergency
Sub: Excuse letter for absence.
I am writing this to inform you about my absence on __________(date).
My father/mother got severe chest pain on that day and we took him/her to the hospital immediately and now he/she is safe.
Because of that sudden emergency of my father’s/mtoher’s health condition, I couldn’t able to attend work.
I hope you understand my situation and kindly excuse my absence from work.
Excuse Letter for Absense from Work Due to Sickness of son
Sub: Excuse request letter.
This is regarding my absence from the work on _________(Date).
I couldn’t attend the work because my younger son fall from the steps while playing and his leg was injured. I took him to the hospital Immediately, he has been gradually recovering.
Here I request you to kindly accept my apology for being absent without any intimation & please excuse my absence from work.
Excuse Letter for Asent from the Work Due to Personal Matter
Sub: Excuse letter for being absent.
I would like to inform you about my absence from the work on _____(date).
Due to some personal family problems, I didn’t attend my work on that day and I can promise that it will not repeat again.
Therefore I request you to please accept my apology.
How to Write Excuse Letter for Being Absent to the Work Due to Emergency
- Emergency reason: The reason for which you became absent is important to get an excuse, so decide the reason and write it clearly in the letter.
- Be Honest: Be sincere in expressing the reason.
- Write date: Write the absent date on the first line of the letter’ s body.
- Apologize: Ask apology for being absent from the work without any prior intimation or even for sudden intimation as well.
- Simple & Short: Keep your excuse letter simple and short.