Here you can find how to write a perfect address change request letter to your bank and you can download them in word format.
S Sunil Kumar, Place:
D no: 9-165,
The Branch Manager,
State Bank of India,
Sub: Request to Change Address
I am S Sunil Kumar Savings account holder of your bank with A/C no: 32741XXXX25. Recently we have shifted to a new house. So here I am requesting you to please update the below new address in your bank records.
Name: S Sunil Kumar
S/O: S Gopala Rao
D No: 9-165,
Visakhapatnam – 530005.
Here I am attaching my aadhar card copy as an address proof so please find it and do the needful.
The Branch Manager, Place:
State Bank of India,
Sub: Address Change Request
This is a kind request to change my address in the bank records. Recently I have shifted to a new address and please find the below details of my bank account details and new address which I wish to update in the bank records.
Name: P Avinash
S/O: P Raghuram Rao
A/C No: 32450XXXX45
D No: 8-125,
Visakhapatnam – 530003.
Here I am attaching my voter Id copy as an address proof so please find it and do the needful.
Mobile No: .
Sample Email Format to The Bank to Change Address
Sub: Address Change Request.
I Ch Srinivas account holder of your bank with savings bank account no: 2513XXXX123 since 2018. Here I am requesting you to please update my new address in your bank records so that I don’t miss any postal communication from your bank and also find the attached copy of my aadhar card for address proof.
Address to be updated:
- D No:
Sample Letter for Change of Address to Bank
Why Changing Address is Important: Whenever your address changes then you must update your address in your bank. Even though banks don’t ask you to update your address but still it is our responsibility to update our address in the bank. Below are some important reasons to change your address in bank
- The first reason is whenever you lose your debit card or credit then the new cards will be sent to your address through the post. So if your address is wrong then you can’t receive them and they will return back to the bank. So it is better to update your address when it changes. (Not only when you lose but when you apply for a new credit card with new features then also it will be sent through the post, so updating the right address always helps you in receiving your bank related documents without any hurdles.)
- The second reason is cheque books, now you can easily apply for a new cheque book online through internet banking. Most banks send cheque books through the post, so to receive cheque books also you need to have a proper address in your bank.
- Do you know the bank account statement is a valid address proof. Suppose if you want to change your address on Aadhar or voter ID or you want a new landline connection or gas connection then you can use your bank account statement as an address proof. So this is our Third reason to change your address in the bank.
How to Write a Request Letter to Change Address in The Bank
- The letter should be simple and formal and address the letter to the bank’s branch manager.
- Mention the date of submission on the request letter.
- Write a simple subject line.
- Don’t’ forget to sign on it and write your mobile number.
- Attach a copy of the supporting document (address proof).
- Carry original proof also to the bank.
Tips to Change Address in Bank
- Make sure you have a proper address proof which consists of your right address. Because bank officials will check your address proof before updating it. Here are some valid address proofs which you can use to change your address in your bank
- Aadhar card
- Voter Id
- Driving license
- Property or Municipal Tax
- Electricity bill
- Gass bill
- Telephone bill etc…
- Your name on address proof and bank account should match. so check it before submitting it.
- Now some banks are providing the online options to change your communication address, but not allowing to change your permanent address online. So make sure which address you are changing and it is always better to visit your branch directly to change your address.
- Most banks don’t ask you to submit any request letter, they will give you an address change form. In that case, you don’t need to write any request letter, just fill that form and submit it to the branch.
- It is better to update your mobile number and email id along with your address if the changes are required.
- If you are not using internet banking then don’t forget to update your bank passbook with new address.
Also read: How to write One Lakh on cheque